Office of Sponsored Programs
Training & Conferencing
Completing a project and providing accurate financial information to project sponsors
are only two of several responsibilities UACES has as the steward of sponsored funding.
Federal, state, and local laws, as well as institutional policies and procedures,
must be followed and documented throughout a project’s life span.
Invoicing, Monitoring, and Financial Reporting
As steward of sponsored funds, Office of Sponsored Programs ensures expenses are eligible for reimbursement and invoiced and received in a timely manner; the project remains on schedule and the sponsor receives timely progress reports; and financial reporting is accurate and in compliance with laws or guidance received from the project sponsor. These documents offer an overview of the reimbursement and reporting process as well as sample forms.
IRB and Other Compliance Issues
The following documents provide an overview of some of the PI’s responsibilities and considerations before, during, and after a project.
- UADA Conflict of Interest Policy
- Financial Conflict of Interest
- Misconduct of Science - Conducting Academically-Acceptable Research
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) - Ethical Use of Animals in Research
- Export Controls - Requirements for Communicating Research and Findings to those in Foreign Countries
Internal Review Board Links
UACES PIs should reference one of the following Institutions IRB sites for information on Research Involving Human Subjects, Bio-Safety, Environmental Programs. UAMS.edu can also be consulted.
Project sponsors and the institution must follow specific guidelines before, during,
and after the project. The attached files provide an overview of several of these
guidelines as well as links to federal documents /circulars completely outlining the
recipient’s responsibilities associated with a sponsored project.
Office of Management and Budget Circulars
- Cost Sharing - How to Handle Sponsored Projects Requirements External Cost Share
- Cost Principles Reference Guide for Federal Awards
- Grant or Gift? - What's the Difference and Why does it Matter?
- Budgeting - Tips on Preparing Budgets for a Sponsored Project
- Data Management - Requirements for Protecting and Storage of Data During and Following a Project
- Data Management Plans - What Data will you create? How will you manage it?
- Acknowledgment of USDA Grant Funding in Publications-Requirements for recognizing sponsor contribution to a project when publishing materials.