Division of Agriculture AES Vehicles

  • My Prompt doesn’t work
  • I have monthly reporting questions
    • Monthly reporting should be completed on the MV-2.
    • Reporting should match Workday transactions
    • Contact vehicles@uada.edu for additional information
  • There has been an accident. What do I need to do?
  • How do I request a new vehicle? Why does it take so long to get a new vehicle – I have the funding.
    • New vehicles require documentation of funding and a completed MV-6.
    • Approvals for replacement and additional vehicles must come from DFA, regardless of funding source.

To comply with University of Arkansas Board Policy and applicable statutes of the State of Arkansas, the Division of Agriculture has adopted the following vehicle use policy:

  • Use of a Division vehicle is a privilege. Employees entrusted with the use of a Division vehicle must act appropriately, use sound judgment, and abide by all Arkansas laws and regulations regarding operation of a motor vehicle.
  • Vehicles should be used for official business purposes only. All occupants in Division of Agriculture vehicles should be traveling in conjunction with official business purposes for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
  • Division vehicles should be driven only by employees. Administrative approval must be obtained by individual employees who plan to drive the vehicle home at night before leaving the next day on assigned business.
  • Vehicles are not to be used for routine commuting back and forth to the office.
  • Appointed, temporary and seasonal workers who drive Division of Agriculture vehicles will complete all required documentation in workday upon onboarding.
    • This will include a release to permit the Division to check an employee’s driving record via the Arkansas State Vehicle Safety Information Network.
  • Employees under the age of 18 are prohibited from driving Division of Agriculture vehicles.
  • Seatbelts are to be used at all times by both drivers and passengers while traveling in a Division vehicle.
  • Drivers of Division of Agriculture vehicles, trucks and on-road equipment must have a valid driver’s license.
  • Texting and driving is against Arkansas state law.
  • Smoking, use of e-cigarettes and other tobacco products is prohibited in Division of Agriculture vehicles.
  • Employees are prohibited from possession, carrying or being under the influence of alcoholic beverages in Division-owned vehicles.
  • Employees are prohibited from possessing, smoking, ingesting or otherwise engaging in the use of, or being under the influence of, marijuana or other controlled substances while operating vehicles owned or leased by the Division.
  • Vehicles should be returned to the appropriate Division location with no less than half a tank of fuel. When vehicles in use are down to a quarter of a tank of fuel, they should be filled as soon as possible.

AES Vehicle mileage reporting will be through monthly vehicle reports – the MV-2. Reporting will include beginning and ending mileage for each month, fuel costs, total gallons, insurance monthly charge and any maintenance charges incurred each month.  Gas tickets will need to be attached on a blank piece of paper using tape or glue and submitted via Workday expense reporting.

WEX cards should be used for all vehicle fuel and maintenance charges. WEX cards are associated with vehicles, not the cardholder. Do not use a WEX card for a vehicle not associated with that card. All drivers allowed to drive UADA vehicles should have their own WEX prompt. Do not use other drivers’ prompts. Prompt requests are made to vehicles@uada.edu.

Monthly reporting of WEX transactions is available after the third business day of each month. Please make sure to follow the instructions on the workbook to ensure all required transactions are found.

Unit heads or program leaders will designate a responsible person to assure safe operation and routine maintenance of the department’s assigned vehicle(s).

The Division of Agriculture Maintenance Schedule should be followed.

The completion of that maintenance will be documented on the monthly report with any receipts from the completed maintenance attached to Workday and monthly MV-2 expense report reporting.

All state purchasing regulations must be followed in the purchase of tires, batteries, and other repair parts for the vehicle. Contact the Procurement Department in Office of Finance for assistance with appropriate regulations.

Routine maintenance charges should be charged to the Wright Express (WEX) card assigned to that vehicle. If the vendor does not accept WEX cards, the P-card may be used. If there are questions, contact the Procurement Department for help in locating suitable vendors to follow state purchasing guidelines.

State regulations require that all state vehicles, except those exempted by executive order, bear two state license plates, front and back. It is the responsibility of the person driving the vehicle to make sure that both plates are affixed to the vehicle at all times. Lost or missing plates must be reported to vehicles@uada.edu immediately. Please report issues to vehicles@uada.edu.

All state vehicles should be properly registered, and licenses renewed on time. Please provide confirmation of annual renewal to vehicles@uada.edu. Include the VIN, Plate, and date of renewal.

State regulations require that all state vehicles, except those exempted by executive order, bear an approved decal affixed to each front door. Division of Agriculture decals are the approved decal. Facilities Management applies these decals to each new vehicle when purchased.

Drivers should note the presence and condition of the decals, and if damaged or missing, report this immediately to vehicles@uada.edu.

Requests for new decals can be made to jabailey@uada.edu.

Employees involved in motor vehicles accidents while driving a Division of Agriculture vehicle must follow the procedures outlined below:

Notify the police immediately to insure a proper investigation.

Gather all pertinent information:

  • Name, address, driver’s license number and insurance company name and policy number of other drivers.
  • Make model, year, and license plate number of other vehicles.
  • Name and address of all witnesses.
  • Do not volunteer information or admit fault.
  • Assist where needed.
  • Notify your manager and the Vehicle Department (vehicles@uada.edu) as soon as possible with the following information: 
    • Date, time, and location of accident.
    • Number of Division of Agriculture personnel involved.
    • Report any injuries and how serious.
    • Report the number of vehicles involved.
    • Whether the Division of Agriculture vehicle can be driven or must it be towed.

Reports of any travel-related accident and any questions regarding insurance coverage should be directed to: vehicles@uada.edu.

Emergency repairs on an AES vehicle may be handled at a vendor without a blanket account established if the employee is able to verify with the vendor that they will invoice for payment rather than requiring a purchase order number before releasing the vehicle. Call Purchasing for help in locating suitable vendors. The employee should complete an online requisition upon returning to the office and send the invoice to Office of Finance. Please check warranty for any possible coverage before authorizing repairs. 

See the travel page for CES vehicle information or contact the the Facilities Management office at (501) 671-2275.


Forms Available: