Office of Finance
Training & Conferencing
Whether you are buying, leasing or negotiating a contract, we are here for you. We offer our expertise to help you obtain the goods and services you require. Below you will find procurement guidelines and frequently asked questions to assist in navigating the procurement process. If you need additional information or clarification regarding this content, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at: email@example.com
Supplier SetupRequests to add new suppliers to Workday are now handled through the PaymentWorks application. Users who have the ability to input a requisition in Workday can access PaymentWorks through the "My Apps" menu, to initiate a supplier invitation. This invitation will prompt the supplier to submit their business identification and payment information through PaymentWorks for secure validation and setup into Workday.Supplier UpdateIn time, PaymentWorks will be fully integrated with Workday to be able to handle supplier updates. Until this integration is complete, users should continue to submit a completed Supplier Payment Information Form to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate updates to a supplier's contact or payment information in Workday.
Reminder: when submitting Supplier Payment Information form, a voided check or bank letter
must be included, when requesting ACH direct deposit payments.
The State of Arkansas has established the following types of purchases and thresholds. All threshold prices include the cost of freight, but exclude the cost of sales tax. These thresholds do not apply to state and institution contract items or printing.
Small Orders ($0 - $20,000)
- Competition should be used to the maximum extent practicable.
- Repeated small order purchases of similar items to circumvent the $20,000 bid limit are prohibited.
- Purchases $1,000 or more require the Restriction of Boycott of Israel Certification form
Competitive Quote Bids ($20,000.01- $75,000)
- Requires a minimum of three (3) written bids (email or fax), one of which should be a minority supplier if available for that commodity.
- Departments are given the delegation to solicit these bids, but our Procurement staff is always willing to assist.
- If you receive a "no bid" or "no response." then that counts as an acceptable attempt to gather a quote.
- Supporting documentation of quotes must be attached to the requisition in Workday.
- Purchases over $25,000 requires awarded supplier to complete the Contract and Grant Disclosure Certification form (to be obtained by our Procurement staff).
Formal Bids ($75,000.01+)
- Require formal competitive sealed bid process completed by our Procurement staff upon completion of a Banner requisition.
- Processing time varies as bid must be developed, advertised, responses evaluated, and bid awarded. It's never too early to work with our Procurement staff on minimum specifications and delivery requirements.
- Includes leases which exceed $75,000 with the duration of the contract.
- Includes leases with option to purchase when value of commodity is more than $75,000.
Sole Source Procurement Exceeding $20,000
- Sole Source purchases can be made only after the ordering department submits a Sole Source-type requisition in Workday with a completed Sole Source Request Form attached. The Procurement office will review for approval of such purchase.
- Sole source purchases can be justified in one of three ways, but not limited to:
- Purchase of repairs involving hidden damage.
- Purchase requiring performance compatibility with existing commodities and/or services.
Purchase based on performance specifications.
*A signed statement from the vendor (on letterhead) verifying their unique or proprietary specification information should be attached to the requisition for sole source of this type
Requisition for Purchase Order
Workday Requisition types:
- Punch-Out Contract
- Bill Only Not Transmitted
Additional guidance on these requisition types in the Guidelines & Forms section
Effective July 1, 2018, UACES will comply with Procurement Standards as defined in 2 CFR 200, "Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for federal Awards", Subpart D, Sections 200.318 - 200.326, for all federal grant funded procurements.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture (UADA) has established its Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program to provide a more efficient and cost-effective method of purchasing and paying for low dollar transactions. The program may eliminate or reduce the number of low dollar purchase orders, blanket orders, and requests for personal reimbursements. Cardholders may use the P-Card at any merchant/vendor that accepts the card, unless it violates a state contract. The P-Card program is intended to enhance UADA's effectiveness and economy of operations.
Those interested in requesting a p-card may do so in Workday by completing the task: Create Request.
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com
- Certification of Restriction of Boycott: Israel
- Charter Bus
- Computer Purchases
- Copier Lease
- Gift Card
- Online Purchasing, Amazon
- Office Supplies & Punchout Contracts
- Printing Delegation
- UACES Publications and Supplies Ordering System
- Fayetteville Restaurants Who Provide Invoices for Payment
- Bid Quote Request Form
- Bid Quote Tab Sheet
- Contract Checklist
- Contract and Grant Disclosure and Certification Form
- Employee License/Certification or Membership Justification Form
- Gift Card Request Form
- Honorarium Form
- Official Function Form
- PCard Affidavit of Lost Receipt Form
- Restriction of Boycott of Israel Certification
- Sole Source Procurement Request Form
- Supplier Payment Information Form
- Trade-In Request Form
- UA Legal Review Form
- W-9 for UADA
- W-8BEN for Foreign Individuals
- W-8BEN-E for Foreign Entities
- Monthly Copier Usage Report Form
- Copier Multi-User Meter Readings Form
* Vehicle related forms are also located on the vehicles webpage
Who to Call
Areas of Expertise
• Procurement Policy Guidance
• P-Card & T-Card Administration
• Requests for Proposal
• Sole Source Procurement
• Memorandum of Agreement & Contract Administration
• Vehicle Procurement & Fleet Administration
• WEX Fuel Card Administration
• Legal Review, Terms & Conditions
Jo Ann Fish
• Purchase Orders
• Property Leases
• Postage Machines
• Rubber Stamps
• Nametags, Desk Nameplates
• Supplier Setups & Changes
• Amazon Business
• Copier Leases
• IT Procurement
In this section: